Friday 17 February 2012

mygapyear Client and Parent Testimonials

Interested in what our clients and the parents of our clients are saying about our services?  So are we!  We thought we would share some of their comments with you.

M.F. (mygapyear alumni)
Since we began I feel a lot more independent and capable of being self-sufficient.   I feel confident in my abilities to handle any new or difficult situations.  I also feel a lot more comfortable with myself which I think has affected the way I am treated by the people around me.  My parents say they have noticed a change for the better and think that I am becoming more of a responsible adult.
I think that my increase in confidence has made me a happier person in general.   I used to feel a lot more unsure of myself, which I believe prevented me from doing a lot of the things I wanted to do.  Now I feel like I am capable of reaching my goals.
I think that setting goals and working towards them was a really good approach to planning my gap year because it helped me get the most out of my year off.  It is also insightful to talk about my experience and what I gained from it.
Through our discussions I was able to figure out exactly what I wanted to get out of my year abroad.  With their knowledge, previous experience, and connections, My Gap Year helped me get in contact with the best programs and organizations.   They also provided me with different approaches to choosing my career path and what steps I can take as far as school and work experience.

M.P (mygapyear alumni)
Although I love to travel, I had too many personal commitments at home
and was not able to take a trip during my year off. Instead I remained in
Toronto, and surprisingly still had an amazing year. It was precisely the
decision to stay at home that made my year so rewarding: I was able to
balance working part-time, creating a portfolio for university, going out with
friends, and spending time with family. Mygapyear even found me volunteer
opportunities and a very educational online course to take in my spare time.
It was a year full of self-discovery; I learned that when I’m faced with
obstacles (no matter how big or small) I will always power through with
determination. I am more independent, resilient, and confident in my ability
to deal with stress. I no longer dread starting school and I look forward to
new challenges and opportunities. The people at mygapyear were extremely
helpful and encouraging, they kept me motivated and offered advice when
I was under pressure. I recommend mygapyear to anyone who wants to
experience new things and learn about their true personality and goals, but
isn’t sure where to begin. They will be with you every step of the way.

L.A. (mygapyear alumni)
In this time I have overcome my health risks and pains, engaged myself in new activities, expanded my horizons of travel, and overall became the person I always felt I would be while achieving my ultimate wellbeing.


L.B. (mygapyear alumni parent)
Just have a quick look at the internet; there seem to be a million opportunities for young people, but sorting through all the prospects is daunting. Besides the pure volume of information, there is always the concern that what you are looking at may not be quite as it seems. mygapyear acts as a resource to work through all the possibilities much more efficiently.  They bring focus and credibility to what is available. In the end, mygapyear helped [my daughter] enact a plan that included local (hobby) classes, volunteer work and the culmination – a job overseas (as a camp counselor).

C.R. (mygapyear alumni parent)
The past year has truly been one of growth and discovery for [my daughter]. Formerly a bit tentative and uncertain about her future, she has matured into a clearly confident and independent young adult. Her time spent studying and travelling in Europe enhanced not only her understanding and appreciation of other cultures and languages, but contributed to her sense of independence and direction in life. She now has set and achievable goals, towards which she has already begun to progress with her language studies abroad.
As parents, we had the opportunity to watch [my daughter] grow over the course of the year, and feel reassured that she is ready to tackle her freshman year at [] University with a new sense of purpose and motivation. We could not be more delighted with the outcome of [our daughter]’s gap year, and the guidance she received from MyGapYear Inc.





Visit us for more information www.mygapyear.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment