A popular value among Gappers is having a healthy life style. Part of our gap year experience includes taking an inward journey, creating self awareness through coaching and paying attention to balancing mind body and soul. Taking care of ourselves is an important part of that journey.
Here are some healthy life style tips to help you take some "self care" steps.
- Do Yoga. Not only is it great for the body, yoga can help you to relax. All you need is a place to close your eyes and quiet your mind.
- Moderation is the key to healthy eating. Enjoy whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies more often and save treats for special occasions.
- Exercise is cumulative. Short on time? Remember that all your exercise adds up. If you can’t get in a full workout, try to be active several times throughout the day.
- Check out ExerciseTV.com for pilates, strength training and everything in between. The programs run anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes and are free!
- To achieve better sleep, make sure that you are in total darkness, the room is not to warm and avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.
- Remember that rest is just important as exercise. Listen to your body and take time off when you need to.
- For a quick and easy breakfast, try this morning smoothie. Toss ½ cup of milk, ½ cup of yogurt, half a frozen banana, 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tsp of cocoa in a blender and enjoy!
Healthy Tips for Gappers were supplied by Custom Fit Consulting. See our Blog Love for a link to the site